Sweet Pepper Monterey Quiche
I love sweet peppers! I love quiche. Quiche doesn’t have to be just for breakfast. Make it for dinner and make your family very happy! It is great served with bacon or sausage or a side of fresh fruit and gluten free toast.
Mama’s Pie Crust Mix
Or 1 single GF pie crust
½ cup each, red pepper, orange pepper, yellow pepper
1 Tbsp. butter
¾ cup heavy cream
¾ cup milk
⅛ tsp. pepper
Pinch of salt
⅓ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
3 green onions, chopped
1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese or Monterey Cheese Blend
Optional: Fresh salsa for garnish
- Mama's Pie Crust Mix
- Or 1 single GF pie crust
- ½ cup each, red pepper, orange pepper, yellow pepper
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup milk
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- Pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese or Monterey Cheese Blend
- Optional: Fresh salsa for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Saute peppers with butter until soft, about 4-5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, milk, pepper and salt. Stir in cilantro, green onions, cheese and peppers.
- Pour into prepared crust. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until center appears done. Cover edges with foil to prevent over-browning. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with fresh salsa if desired.